Occupational Health and Safety Specialist
Hitachi ABB Power Grids’ Sustainability team is a trusted business partner, setting strategic direction and delivering effective, efficient services that embed health, safety, environment, security and corporate responsibility in sustainable business practices. Sustainability team members help Hitachi ABB Power Grids capitalize on market opportunities, reducing risk for the benefit of our business, our customers, employees and stakeholders. We work together as one team around the world to strengthen governance and to support the business in improving performance and integrating sustainability deeper into our organization, creating a vital competitive edge. You will make a vital contribution to improving Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) performance by driving behavioral change, maintaining an exemplary safety culture in the Dry Transformers Factory, based in Zaragoza, Spain. Reporting to the Local Product Group Manager, you will support the business by applying your in-depth OHS knowledge to provide solutions and advice to address a variety of challenges.
- Delivering and deploying OHS training, audit and Group-wide performance improvement programs to the Divisions and Local Business Units.
- Providing analysis of OHS data within area of responsibility.
- Reporting on progress on implementation of Sustainability Objectives and key performance indicators (KPIs) as required.
- Contributing to assessing emerging OHS trends and legislation and communicates relevant information on legal requirements within area of expertise and geography. Supporting constituent countries to operate in compliance with standards and respective legal obligations.
- Delivering audit (as per Group Audit Program) and support follow up of improvement actions in the Local Business Units.
- Contributing to driving behavioral change and continuous improvement though delivery of training and competence initiatives and expert support to the Local Business Units in line with yearly HSE Plan agreed with the Business Units. Supports the sharing of best practice. Coordinates reporting on OHS performance and support delivery of Group audit program.
- Engaging internal and external stakeholders and cooperating with other functions to raise awareness of Hitachi ABB Power Grids’ safety initiatives, working to gain commitment to Hitachi ABB Power Grids' Group Sustainability objectives and reporting on performance and progress, as required.
- Contributing to and/or planning and executing OHS-related projects, managing resources and reporting on objectives and progress to milestones.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
- A master degree in Health, Safety and Environmental.
- More than two years of experience preferably in metal and manufacturing industry.
- Strong written and verbal Spanish and English communication skills.
- Current work permits valid in Spain.
- Ability to manage complex issues and work with cross-functional teams.
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong communication skills.
- Leadership ability.
- Knowledge of best practices in HSE.
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.comPublication date
2020-10-23Reference Number ES50433592_E2
Location Zaragoza, , Spain
Job type Full-Time
- Life insurance
- Sick pay
- Parental leave
- Flexible work practices
- Meal allowance
Controller Plant OperationscorbionCorbion develops sustainable solutions to improve the quality of life for people today and for future generations. Our lactic acid and derivatives plant In Spain,7 hour agoShareMontmeló, Barcelona provincia
QC Biology AnalystHikma Pharmaceuticals PLCComments by Hiring ManagerJob description:Perform all the desired tests in microbiology lab. Follow cGMP and safety precautions. Follow the documentation system12 hour agoShareSalt, Girona provincia
SENIOR TALENT ACQUISITION PARTNER (Remote - Malaga)Tribe.xyzWe are a talent consultancy that focuses on delivering scalable, flexible and robust recruiting solutions to fast-growing companies in Europe. We focus on our21 hour agoShareTeletrabajo
French Payroll Delivery, AssociateAlightSummary: To contribute and be part of the team responsible for the support and execution of payroll activities and/or data management/customer services activities1 day agoShareGranada, Granada provincia
Vendedor/a Napapijri 40h ECI CornellàNapapijriPrincipal Accountabilities:Under close supervision: * Support the daily operations of retail stores* Perform a variety of routine assignments Knowledge & Skill1 day agoShareCornellà de Llobregat, Barcelona provincia