SQL Server Database Architect
For the past 25 years, Sequel Business Solutions has grown to becoming a leading insurance and reinsurance software specialist. With our headquarters based in the City of London , and our development hub in Malaga, Spain, we employ talented insurance and technical experts who understand the market and our clients' business. To learn more about Sequel, please visit us at: https://sequel.com/. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce.
As part of our central Architecture Team, and reporting to the Principal Architect, you will work on items coming from 3 different streams: architecture backlog (running in sprints), planned reviews and ad-hoc questions from the development team and troubleshooting live issues in coordination with our Support team.
We use Microsoft SQL Server as our primary data store.
The main responsibilities can be summarized as:
- Assist in designing and building data models and database oriented applications
- Help with SQL (and database related) code reviews
- Help analyzing database performance issues and providing suggestions for improvement.
- Participate actively on architecture reviews and technical design meetings
- Investigate new trends and technologies in database-related area
- Creating proofs of concept for adopting new technology into our products
- Revise database development best practices
- Proactively training software developers for query tuning and efficient database development
- Define database maintenance guidelines for both clients and sequel environments
- Define and own database performance monitoring in production environments
- Help support team solving complex database issues (and in some cases take client DBA calls)
- Help managed services team solving database issues in production environments
- Mentor and train Software Developer Engineers of all levels on how to deal with data stores
- English fluency is critical. You will work closely with our London office, and (in)directly with our customers who are typically concentrated in English-medium business environment
- You will have graduated with a related degree (e.g. software development , computer engineering)
- Have already acquired over 6 years' experience as a Data Base Expert- SQL Server Developer.
- You'll be comfortable working in a small, high-performance team, willing to share ideas, keen to gain product expertise.
Good to have:
- BI skills (Power BI, Spotfire are a plus)
- Datawarehouse design and maintenance
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, colour, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Consumer Privacy Notice
NB: Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
If you want to walk around the Malaga office, see the link:
Service Desk Analyst (Polish Speaking)NTT MSCIn a constantly changing world, we work together with our people, clients and communities to enable them to fulfill their potential to do great things. We believe that2 hour agoShareBarcelona, Barcelona provincia
Customer Support Representative - English SpeakerMorningstarThe Company Morningstar is a leading provider of independent investment research in North America, Europe, Australia, Asia, and Africa. We offer an extensive line of2 hour agoShareMadrid, Madrid provincia
IT- 360 Recruitment Director Freelance (Sales+Recruitment)recruit 4 workCompany profile We are a truly unique company, we have a true passion for helping our customers get the results they want and need. We pride ourselves on our outstanding6 hour agoShareEn remoto
Product Support EngineerFinancialForceProduct Support Engineer Granada, Spain WHO WE ARE FinancialForce delivers the #1 professional services automation (PSA) and the only customer-centric ERP solution.8 hour agoShareGranada, Granada provincia
SAP Data Migration Consultant/Lead/Principal/Architect - Barcelona.OpenBookSAP data migration consultant/lead/principal/architect - Barcelona. My client is a market leading SAP data management software vendor and consulting company They are a20 hour agoShareBarcelona, Barcelona provincia