The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG is composed by an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team, which is supported both by a flexible and efficient administration and by high-end and innovative technologies.
In November 2013, the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) received the 'HR Excellence in Research' Award from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute's commitment to developing an HR Strategy for Researchers, designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
Please, check out our Recruitment Policy
We are looking for an “Engineering Officer” who is excited by the challenge to provide an excellent service in an international research environment. Reporting to the Head of Facility Management, the Engineer Officer will be responsible for space and equipment project development, monitoring scientific maintenance incidences, energy and alarm system surveillance in the PRBB premises.
The main responsibilities of the position are:
Maintenance: Manage the tasks of the warehouse officer and provide preventive maintenance scheduling, including the inventory of equipment, furniture in the Park of Research Biomèdica of Barcelona (PRBB) and the CNAG. The Engineering Officer will also be responsible for the maintenance and alarm system surveillance.
He/She will be in charge of ticket management and monitoring of incidences.
- Project development of works and installations: develop and update plans and drawings of installations and facility services, carry out the control of technical and administrative documentation. Coordination of all technical aspects within the CRG (electricity, fluid, air conditioned, furniture, etc).
- Energy and fluids: coordinate and validate the consumption of the different fluids and energy in the CRG premises (registers and costs associated).
- Update of the key information regarding the Space and Equipment Office at the Facility Management Dpt. (including general plan of the CRG and CNAG buildings).
- Supervison of other responsabilities related to the Department assigned by the Head of Department.
About the department
The Facility Management Department is responsible for the maintenance and security of the CRG spaces (around 10.000 m2 located in two sites: PRBB and PCB) and associated assets and equipment, as well as planning and building of new construction projects, including refurbishments and modifications. The specific services offered are included below:
- Maintenance and general services of the spaces and equipment. This shall include the maintenance and security of spaces, maintaining and repairing general equipment and highly specialised equipment in wet labs and facilities, overseeing the surveillance and alarm systems for biological samples stored at –20ºC, –80ºC and in cryogenic tanks. Finally, it encompasses also the supervision of the services provided by the PRBB and PCB: cleaning, security and maintenance (power, air conditioning and data sockets).
- Emergency Plan: Ensure the safety of the facilities, collaborate with the PRBB in the design and implementation of the Building Emergency Plan, and lead the execution at the CRG level.
- Planning and building of new construction projects, including refurbishments and modifications. It shall include the definition of the requirements with users, the coordination and supervision of all phases of the project with the external providers, from conceptual planning to completion and ensuring that the building and refurbishment projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Sustainability: Manage and implement various activities towards the “Green CRG” initiative in collaboration with the CRG Working Group “Sustainability” aiming at reducing our carbon footprint and promoting sustainability at the CRG.
- Other responsibilities include general services related to the building: gas, water, plumbing, electricity, cooling, heating, ventilation, air-conditioning, waste disposal, including biohazardous waste.
Whom would we like to hire?
- You have 5 years of experience in a similar position
- You have proven experience in successfully dealing with project management and maintenance services
Desirable but not required/ Nice to have
- You have experience in an international research and/or academic environment
Education and training
- You hold a degree in Industrial Engineering or equivalent qualification
- You are proficient in English and Spanish
- Catalan would be a plus
- You have an advanced knowledge of AutoCAD
- You are an advanced user of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- You have a high level of accuracy, responsibility and self-organization
- You have excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work in different environments and to interact on a highly professional level with external partners and providers as well as with scientists
- Strong capacity to empathise with users and provide timely and innovative solutions
- You have a problem-solving attitude
The Offer – Working Conditions
- Contract duration: Permanent contract
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
- Target start date: December, 2020
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities. To check out our training and development portfolio, please visit our website in the training section.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
Global HR Business PartnerSiemens Gamesa Renewable EnergyIt takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what2 hour agoShareMadrid, Madrid provincia
Student Affairs CoordinatorBerklee ValenciaReporting to the Director of Student Affairs / Diversity and Inclusion at the Valencia campus, the Students Affairs Administration Coordinator coordinates housing,23 hour agoShareValencia, Valencia provincia
Full-time opportunities for students & recent graduates: Technical Consulting – Client SuccessMicrosoftLocation: Madrid, Spain Start date: September 2021 Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our23 hour agoShareMadrid, Madrid provincia
AI/ML InternshipEricssonAs the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we’ve made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at1 day agoShareMadrid, Madrid provincia
Sales SupportVestasAre you interested in joining a global company in the renewable energies sector? If you feel motivated in working with a high level of attention to detail on different1 day agoShareMadrid, Madrid provincia